This section is mandatory and will need to be completed as these policies are a legal requirement and will appear under each product on the website.
The online shopping rights for customers were updated on 29th November 2022. You will find further information on the link below.
CANCELLATION AND RETURN
Cooling Off Period
In accordance with statute and regulation, you may cancel or return your order at any time prior to delivery of the products to you and for a period of 14 days after the delivery of the products to you without any reason (cooling off period). In that event, you must notify the Seller of your cancellation and arrange to return the products to them no later than 14 days after notifying them of your cancellation. The cost of returning such goods is a matter for you the customer.
If you cancel your order, the seller will refund to you the total amount paid by you in respect of the product together with the standard delivery charge on receipt of the goods from you, or on receipt of evidence that the goods have been returned to them, whichever is the earlier. If you have not yet received your order, then the seller will be obliged to refund the amount paid within 30 days together with the standard delivery charge.
The seller shall reimburse you using the same means of payment as used for the initial transaction.
The cooling-off period does not apply to certain purchases.
· Personalised or custom-made products.
· Products with a short shelf life that spoil quickly.
· Products that cannot be returned for health or hygiene reasons.
If your order arrives damaged, please contact the seller as soon as possible to arrange a replacement or refund.
DAMAGE/DEFECTS TO PRODUCT ON RETURN
If you cancel your order and return goods in accordance with the provisions of these Terms, you are obliged to take reasonable care of the goods prior to returning them. You are also liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from handling of the goods beyond that necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning. In the event that there is damage to the goods on return from you, the seller is entitled to withhold such portion of the refund due to you as is commensurate with the reduction in the value of the product by reason of the handling of the goods by you beyond that necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.
A few points of interest to note:
· If you do not state in your policies that the customer must pay the return postage on items returned during the cooling off period, then the customer can claim back the cost of postage from the seller.
· If you do not state in your policies that there is a 14-day cooling off period, the customers right to cancel is extended by 12 months.
· If you provide personalised items or perishable goods, you must state that there is no refund on these items, and you must also provide a returns policy for damaged items or items that contain errors through no fault of the customer.
· I can see many sellers state they do not accept refunds unless damaged. All customers are entitled to a cooling off period of 14 days (with the exception of products listed on the left) regardless of what the seller has stated. While the law overrides the sellers own policy, what you include in your policy may affect your sales as customers do check the policies and many won’t purchase unless they can clearly see that they have a right to return.
Personalised items take approx. 1 week to create.
In stock items are dispatched within 3-5 working days.
Ireland : We ship with An Post Standard and Registered Post. If you choose registered post on checkout, a tracking number will be provided.
Postage takes approx. 1-5 business days. Delays may be experienced by the postage carrier. These delays are out of our control and we can not guarantee a day for delivery.
Cost: Free standard post in Ireland. A flat rate of €9 is charged for registered post, regardless of how many items you order.
All other destinations:
We ship with An Post Parcel Post. A tracking number will be provided
Postage takes approx. 5-10 business days. Delays may be experienced by the postage carrier. These delays are out of our control and we can not guarantee a day for delivery.
Cost: A flat rate of €9 is charged for registered post, regardless of how many items you order.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply to shipping destinations outside of Ireland.
Give as much information as you can in this section. This shipping policy must state how you will send the package to the customer, how long you expect it to take and whether you will provide a tracking number to the customer. Please also state here if you expect delays etc. You can include in here a note of your costs to different locations also (optional).